Monitoring the inside of a can could bring about a whole host of difficulties due to the process or even the size and shape of the can itself. With the DataTrace® MPIII Temperature Data Logger and Accessories, this process can be easy!
In order to get accurate readings from inside a can that will allow for internal placement of a temperature data logger, here are the things you will need:
- DataTrace® MPIII Temperature Data Logger
- An awl (part #210279-002) – This will make a pilot hole for the C-11 can punch
- C-11 (part #210279-001 ) or C-12 (part #210279-003) Can Punch
- C-5 fitting – available in plastic (C-5D) or metal (C-5)
- IR-6 Internal Retainer Clip to hold the logger in place, available in plastic (part #124853-500) or metal (Part #124818-500)
- Standoffs which will position the logger tip in the geometric center of a can – 0.51” (part #200155-501), 0.75” (part #200155-502), 1.61” (part #200155-503), 2.4” (part #200155-504).
The hole is punched into the top or bottom of a can or into the glass jar’s metal lid before filling. A Receptacle (C-5 or C-5D) is installed and a Standoff is then screwed into the receptacle with an IR-6 retainer clip attached to the Standoff. The programmed MPIII logger is then inserted into the retainer clip. Once the container is filled as usual, let the monitoring begin.
This entry was posted on Friday, July 13th, 2012 at 8:31 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.